Saturday, May 8, 2010

Gangnam - my new hood

I spent the afternoon exploring my new neighborhood and absolutely love it. There was so much going on and so much to look at I just wondered around for a few hours - probably with a really stupid look of amazement on my face like I've never been to a city before.

One of the things that I found absolutely fascinating where these Media Stages that lined the sidewalks of the main street. Basically there is a designated place to stand in front of an interactive screen that then posts the content on a video pole. The screen allowed you to look up maps that showed local attractions - restaurants, coffee shops, stores, etc. There was a cartoon channel that I saw many kids watching and interacting with - all with positive safety and educational messages (I know this because you could select from a variety of languages including English). The most popular feature by far among all ages was the video camera that projected images of the people standing on the "stage." It was a bit difficult to get a video of a video but I think you'll get the idea from the pictures. When not in use the poles scroll news, ads and other interesting visuals.




1 comment: