Saturday, May 22, 2010

Foot. In. Mouth.

Yeah, well this afternoon was interesting. I was out with some new friends - one of whom is Korean, the other from Chicago. The Korean was the nicest, politest, gentle woman - she reminded me of Charlotte from Sex and The City. The Chicagoan had me in stitches the entire afternoon with her dry, sarcastic wit - which by the way, Koreans do not understand. They interpret sarcasm literally. Needless to say, I've said "I'm kidding!" even more than I need to in the US...which is often.


So we're walking down the street and happen upon this...




Of course, I am giddy just thinking about what this picture will look like and how much fun it's going to be to comment on. Chicagoan - while taking the picture - says, "You know it's only a matter of time before someone draws a pile of poo under him." We. Are. On. The. Floor. laughing.


And at about the point when I can't see because I'm crying laughing so hard, sweet demure Korean says to us, as delicately as she can, "Actually, that's our former president who committed suicide a year ago today."

Sweet.


Pictures, poo talk and juevenile laughter...about a dead former president who is being publicly honored.


Smooth move Ex-Lax as they'd say in the US.


Smooth.


Move.


http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/05/23/roh.dead/

1 comment: