Friday, June 4, 2010

I'm going to bet my walk home was more interesting than yours...

On Thursday night I went to dinner with my fellow Dallasites, Tyler and Josiah, to a restaurant in Tyler's neighborhood, Yangpyeong.

Go ahead, try to pronounce that and actually get it right.

On my way to dinner it took about 5 minutes of feeling like I was saying the exact same thing back at the cabbie as he's saying to me before we're on our way. On the ride he kept opening and closing the windows every so often. I suspect he didn't like my cologne.

That's okay, I wasn't offended. I thought I was going to vomit from his stench of garlic. So the occassional breeze was fine with me.

Besides, had I tossed my cookies in his cab he really would have had a smell to drive around with.

On our walk home from the restaurant we came across this random game machine on a side street.

Upon closer inspection we realize that "Pop's Market Plus" is sooo much more than what you'd find at say a carnival or Chuck E Cheese in the U.S.

Take a close look.

I know, you can't make out what's in there, so let me help out.

Over here on the right we've got a giant purple lighter, cookies and that ever-so-delectable can 'o bugs. Evidently they don't just sell bugs fresh on the street (see previous posts) but you can get canned ones, too.

While playing a game.

When do you think they expire? And, do you think they rotate the prizes to ensure they haven't passed the expiration date?

No, really. Do you?

Gazing over to the left we have a boxed thong. And a can of red pepper tuna.

I'll let you think of the next line of commentary.

But keep it to yourself - only a high schooler will think its as funny as you do.

A few blocks later we came upon this fella. Poor guy...little did he know before he passed out on this little red plastic stool that he'd end up on the Internet.
Had he known I'm positive he would have made the extra effort to get both socks and shoes off.

I can't help but wonder who set these stools out on the street corner?
And if this guy ever fell off.
I swear, you can not make this stuff up.









2 comments:

  1. Yeah and I bet that no matter how weird things seem to get - tomorrow outdoes itself. Bryan I'm jealous, and you know how warped I am. if you get a chance, check out engrish.com. I'm sure after your tenure there you'll be well-equipped to contribute to that website. Stay safe and keep up the photo blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious!!! Keep em coming .... This is my daily laugh! You are a great writer. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete